Laboratory Project I
This page has all information for laboratory project 1.
- 7/10 Class 1: Start lab
- 7/12 Class 2: Finish Part 1
- 7/12 Homework: Do Part 2
- 7/17 Class 3: Finish Part 3
Corrections to Version 1:
- 1.1 B-D There is no "power plug." Cut the rounde end off the power supply and use your wire strippers to get at the red and black wires. Connect them to the red and black posts.
- 1.1 K Should be "repeat the last three steps" (not "J,K,L")
- 1.1 N The voltage should be near 2, not 3 volts.
- 1.4 G should be:
- Blue wire to pin 13 on the DS14C232 (row 9)
- Purple wire to pin 14 (row 8)
- Black wire to ground
- 3.1 E-F Yellow wire connects to middle lead; power connects to top lead.
Software for Part 2
These pictures are the completed lab. (Be sure to follow the instructions in the right order, though; don't just copy from this picture.)